Hacks and Tools for Team Collaboration and Productivity for 2018
by Kritika Pandey / 1/5/2018 3:49:08 PM
The biggest challenge plaguing the modern workplace is the difficulty to keep everybody on the same page. And most people easily get lost in the shuffle. As a result, it becomes difficult to achieve project milestones, effectively invoice clients, hit deadlines, and hamper effective office communication, among other things. At times, it gets even trickier when you have to manually handle every task by yourself.
But, thanks to technology you can easily slay the “things are getting rather tacky on this end” dragnet with project management software, hacks and various tools suited for collaborating with teams, managing your work and organizing your life.
Hacks that to get you going in 2018
Is your to-do list growing into a mountain of “important activities” tasks that equally needs to be tackled? These hacks can be of good help to you:
- Setting up a reporting cycle - Allows you to keep tabs on the completed and uncompleted tasks. That way, you will be able to determine whether there is still enough room for a new task. Besides, setting up a reporting cycle draws a clear picture of what being worked. Thus, it motivates you to give your best throughout the reporting period. As a result, it leads to increased productivity.
- Setting up reminders – Once you have scheduled every task ahead of you, you need to set up reminders for important tasks. For example, you can have an application that allows you to customize a milestone tracker. That way, you will keep a linear flow of information and ensure easy delegation of tasks while keeping you at par with the progress.
- Setting goals and targets – If you are looking to completing a project within a set time, you need to set achievable targets holistically aligned to the goal and one that needs to be completed in a sequence. This increases your morale and productivity as there is less pressure and no Goliath expectations within an unreasonable time frame.
- Take a break from your digital world - It’s very important that you unplug from the social media, emails and even from your best apps. You need to find time to exercise, and probably mediate. It helps quell an anxiety that may be building up.
- Creating a competitive atmosphere – If you are a manger, give out tokens to any team member who goes out of their way to have a task faster and in an exemplary. As a result, you’ll motivate the rest of the employees to increase their efforts towards achieving the group’s goals.
In this age of technological revolution, there are plenty of productivity tools that can help improve your productivity.
- Google Drive – allows you to keep up to 15GB of data. The beauty of the tool is it allows you to easy access or share the saved documents anywhere, on any web enabled gadget.
- Canva – If you are designer or photographer, you can easily and at a far less cost create and edit images for various use. The tool has numerous image templates that allow you to come up with various designs you can use to create the images of our choice.
- Hootsuite – If you are content marketer or a logger, you can easily schedule posts for later publishing on social media platforms. And most importantly, Hootsuite provides you will insights you needs with regard to how your audience interacts with your content. .
- Bitly - Short and precise links are easy to share unlike long ones. Bitly allows shortening and customizing of links. Besides, the tools helps track the number of people who have viewed the content you’ve just shared.
- Surfly – If you wanted to engage in an interactive conferences and video chats with shared browsing sessions, this is the tool for you. The real-time communication makes it easy for you to pose a question and get sufficient responses in real-time without having to send follow up explanations.
- Taco - This is a great task organizational tool that allows you to drag tasks on your PC screen to the desired location and arrange them based on their priority.
- Focus - Allows you to block potential destructive sites that can divert your attention to other matters when you are engrossed in a certain task. You just need come up with your set time period, enable it on the tool and immerse yourself into your job. That way, you’ll be able to maximize your output without the struggle of toggling through the tabs.
- Evernote - Who would have thought having a journal will exclude carrying diaries? Well, thanks to Evernote, a cloud-based service, such struggles are long gone. You can now easily create notes and sync them to cloud where you can access them from anywhere across the globe.
There are some any distracters out there that might get in your way. And as a result, such challenges may affect your productivity. The above hacks and tools will help you save time, and get more done, thus improving your productivity.
Kritika is working as Software Analyst Executive at SoftwareSuggest. She prioritizes her work and like to plan and organize accordingly. She also a have good analytical skills and a proficiency with digital marketing tools. She is always looking for the opportunities to grow up both professionally and humanely.